Saturday, February 27, 2010

Portobello Road

One of my favourite places in London to frequent, Portobello Road still excites me to this day. I seem to find something new and inspiring everytime I go- George Orwell must've felt the same! Most recently, I was distracted by a window display as I crossed the road. At first glance I thought it was another antique shop advertising old vintage Singer sewing machines. I then realised it was actually an All Saints store which had 100s of sewing machines semetrically placed all around its window display and indeed the brown brick interior.





The Hummingbird CafĂ© is another haunt of mine when I visit West London. Luscious couture cupcakes are their specialty and with such a hefty pricetag (from £1.75 upwards), it is definitely a once off experience- at least that's good news for your hips. I opted for a red velvet cupcake with creamy white icing topped off with a marzipan red rose. The sugar rush that ensued kept me going for the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment